LIGHTNING TALK (POSTER SESSION) INSTRUCTIONS
All lightning talk presenters must send a PDF of their poster between November 8-15, 2021. Presenters should also record a 2-min presentation video. The video should be sent as a youtube unlisted link.
Send a PDF of the poster and the video link by email: [email protected]
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2021.
Any posters not uploaded by November 15, 2021 may be withdrawn from the program.
- Poster presentations will be available for early viewing beginning November 22, 2021.
- All lightning talks presenters are also required to be online and present for the virtual session to which they have been assigned.
Prepare a banner for the top of your poster indicating the title, all authors and affiliations; and Abstract number. You must include your abstract number. Your abstract number can be found in the program.
Figures and tables
Figures should be designed to be viewed from a variety of screens, using clear, visible graphics. The main points should be clear without extended viewing, but detail can be included for the knowledgeable viewer.
Arrange materials in columns rather than in rows. It is easier to scan a poster by moving systematically along it rather than by zigzagging back and forth in front of it. An introduction should be placed at the upper left and a conclusion at the lower right, both in large type. The sequence of illustrations should be indicated with numbers or letters at least 1-inch high, preferably in bold print.
- Number of slides: You can navigate your poster as you talk, or you can break your poster into PowerPoint slides for the video recording.
- Length of Recording: Your video may be up to 2 minutes long.
- To improve accessibility, we suggest adding captions to your video. Zoom and Microsoft Teams include an option for auto caption.
Remember that even with your lightning talk
video, you must still be present at your assigned Lightning talk session. Lightning
talk sessions are scheduled for Friday and Saturday (December 3-4) from 12:15 to
1:15 pm Chile time over Zoom. You will receive an email with instructions to access your
session a few days before the conference.
Your video must be sent as an unlisted YouTube link. An unlisted video is a type of private video. "Unlisted" means that only people who know the link to the video can view it. An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page).
Here’s how to make a Youtube upload an unlisted video:
1. Sign into your YouTube account.
2. Go to your My Videos page.
3. Select the video which you’d like to make an unlisted video. Click the Edit button to access the video’s settings.
4. Go to the Privacy section of the page. There you’ll see the option to mark your video as “unlisted”, “public”, or “private”. Select unlisted.
5. Don’t forget to click the Save Changes button. Once you’ve done this your video will be an unlisted video.
If you have any questions, email [email protected]